• Dental and/or Vision Only Postcard
• Retiree Under 65 Benefits
• Retiree Over 65 and Medicare Eligible
Benefits Reference Guide
• New Retiree
• Retiree Life Insurance Beneficiary Form
• 2019 Monthly Retiree Round
AvMed Health Plan option for full-time employees, Housestaff employee, or part-time employees with benefits status. As an eligible Jackson Health System employee, you may enroll yourself and eligible dependents for coverage in one of the offered medical plans. The available medical plans are:
• Jackson First HMO
• Jackson Select HMO
• Jackson Point of Service (POS)
This program is an annual, voluntary wellness program designed to motivate you to maintain and improve your well-being by offering a cash incentive for the completion of eligible activities. Employees enrolled in any of the Jackson insurance plans are eligible to participate.
Links: Wellness Calendar| Personal Health Assessment with AvMed|Annual Wellness Visit Provider Verification Form| Wheel of Wellness| Smoking Cessation| Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Resources and Living| Wellness Clinic| MD Live | U@Work Financial Coaching
Learn About FREE Financial Coaching at a Jackson UW@Work Event Near You
Earlier this year, Jackson partnered with United Way of Miami-Dade’s Center for financial Stability to bring the UW@WORK program to the health system. UW@WORK is an HR financial initiative that gives employees who make up to $60,000 a year access to a team of experts that can help them jumpstart their finances and achieve their goals. To learn more about what UW@WORK has to offer, visit one of their upcoming events at Jackson Memorial Hospital, Jackson North Medical Center, and Jackson South Medical Center. Services are available in Spanish, Kreyol, or English. For more information, email UWWork@UnitedWayMiami.org or call 305-646-7175.
Provides a stable income source to replenish partial salary due to a temporary disability. Employees under Company Number 100, 200, 210, 220, 300, 310 or 320 receive a employer-paid Short-Term Disability plan. Employees under Company Number 200 or 300 receive a employer-paid “base” Short Term Disability plan that is employer-paid. Employees have the opportunity to apply for additional income protection under a “buy-up” plan.
Links: Benefits Information | Matrix Absence Management
STD Certifications of Coverage:
• STD 165706 – Company Codes 110, 210, 220 | STD 165706 – Company Codes 110, 210, 220
• STD 165706 – Company Codes 310, 320
• STD 165719 – Company Codes 200, 210 | STD 165719 – Company Codes 200, 210
• STD 165719 – Company Code 300
Jackson Health System provides eligible employees with Group Term Life Insurance in the amount of one time the employee’s annual base salary. In addition, Optional Life Insurance is offered at the employee’s expense. Eligible employees may elect to purchase additional life insurance coverage between one and five times his/her annual base salary for a maximum coverage of $2 million.
• Group Basic
• Group Term Optional Life Insurance
Jackson Health System provides eligibles Housestaff employees with a Basic Group Term Life Insurance in the amount of $50,000.00. In addition, Optional Life Insurance is in the amount of $50,000 is offered at the employee’s expense.
• Group Basic
• Group Term Optional Life Insurance
Voluntary Benefits Enrollment Form
Voluntary benefits include the following:
In keeping with our commitment to help our employees succeed, Jackson Health System offers tuition assistance for employees interested in advancing their careers. Employees may apply for courses leading to a degree or certificate. Courses taken in non-degree seeking status are evaluated on an individual basis. Only eligible, pre-approved courses are reimbursed after required documents are submitted.
The Tuition Reimbursement office, located in Jackson Medical Towers, Suite 106W, is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, contact:
Jackson Medical Towers
1500 NW 12th Ave Suite 106
Miami, FL 33136
How to Apply
To apply for our Tuition Reimbursement program:
• Review the Policies & Procedures Guideline (JHS Tuition Policy)
• Submit an application via www.tamsonline.org/JacksonHealthSystem
• Upload all required documentation to the system once your course has completed (Receipt, Transcripts)
All applications must be submitted within a minimum of two weeks before the start date of the course, test or certificate program. Notification of approval will be sent via email.
School Affiliations – This is a list of the nursing schools, colleges and/or universities that have current affiliating school agreements with JHS. An affiliating school agreement is a contract between JHS and the nursing school. This agreement allows nursing students to complete clinical practicum at any JHS facility. This list will be updated every 6 months. The agreements that are proprietary relate to specific employees only.
All nursing students who wish to complete clinical practicum hours at Jackson facilities (Jackson Memorial Hospital, Holtz Children’s Hospital, The Women’s Hospital, Jackson North Medical Center, Jackson Behavioral Health Hospital, Jackson South Medical Center, and any Ambulatory/Primary Care or Urgent Care Centers) should make sure their school is listed here. If your school is not listed here, please contact the Education & Development Department at Nursing-Affiliation@jhsmiami.org
Jackson Health System has selected Matrix Absence Management, Inc. (“Matrix”) as the new administrator for The Leave of Absence Programs in accordance with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Medical, Intermittent Leave, Educational, Military, Bereavement, and Jury Duty Policies.
Changes to Leave Management Process effective June 3, 2018
- The following leaves are managed by Matrix:
- FMLA, Medical LOA, Intermittent LOA, Personal Leave >30 days
- Military Leave, Paid Veteran’s Leave
- Education Leave
- Nursing Education Days
- Funeral/Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty
- How to contact Matrix:
- Web: www.matrixabsence.com (Employee will set up eServices ID to file online and view their claim detail on-line)
- Matrix Mobile App: Matrix eServices Mobile
- Phone intake center: (877) 202-0055
- Managers will begin coding Unplanned Personal Leave. Employees will be required to contact manager or designee directly. They will no longer call the Leave reporting line.
• Defined Retirement Plan (PHT)
The PHT Defined Benefit Retirement Plan was created in 1996 and has been available to employees hired after January 1, 1996. Current employees vest after 6 years of service, and Normal Retirement age is 65, or age 62 if hired prior to April 2012.
Links: PHT Retirement Plan Summary Plan Description (SPD) | PHT Retirement | PHT Lump Sum | PHT Form | PHT eePoint Reference Guide
• Retiree Benefit Access Online
eePoint Employee Self-Service System (ESS)
• Florida Retirement System (FRS)
Any employee who was hired prior to 1996 and was in a retirement eligible position, is enrolled in the Florida Retirement System (FRS). For information on FRS and to create your own estimate, visit MyFRS.com.
Links: FRS Regular Retirement | Enter/Terminate DROP | FRS Investment Plan | FRS Form
• Tax Deferred Investments 403(b) & 457 Plans
Links: 403(b) vs. 457 Comparison | 403(b) Retirement Savings Contribution Plan | 403(b) Spanish Translation | 403(b) Retirement Savings Contribution Agreement (RSCA) | 457 Retirement Savings Contribution Plan | 457 Spanish Translation | 457 Retirement Savings Contribution Agreement (RSCA) Sum | 403(b) & 457 Contact List
Employee Health Services (EHS) located in the Jackson Medical East Tower, Suite # 1103 provides a comprehensive program designed to support healthy behaviors and improve health outcomes while at work. The program consists of: tobacco avoidance and cessation, injuries, illnesses, and medical screenings among the Jackson Health System (JHS) employees. Walks INS are accepted.
- Return to Work Clearance (RTW Clearance Criteria) – Jackson’s Employee Health Services (EHS) is now accepting physician clearances (i.e. doctor’s notes), meaning, depending on the circumstance, employees will not have to be cleared by EHS if they are returning to work after an extended leave. To help collect physician clearance information, a RTW email inbox is now available, JHS-ReturnToWork@jhsmiami.org. Staff members can email a physician clearance form rather than having to wait in line when dropping it off in person. Links: Physician Clearance Form | Return-To-Work Clearance Form | Policy
- Reporting communicable diseases – Employees with direct exposure to patients are required to receive a TB skin test on their birthday month yearly. TB skin testing and other medical surveillance programs are based on the risk for exposure in a specific work place.
- Body Fluids/ Needlesticks
- Supervisor Referral form
REMINDER: Fitness for Duty Assessment for Medical Conditions
If you have an employee who shows evidence of changes in their behavior that affects their job performance, there are instructions you must follow to ensure your team member gets evaluated and the proper care through Employee Labor Relations and Employee Health Services. To review the fitness for duty assessment for medical conditions process, click here.
REMINDER: Jackson North & South Return-To-Work Requirements
Jackson North and South Medical Center employees returning to work after medical leave do not go through Employee Health Services to get cleared prior to their first day back on the job. Instead, they must be evaluated by partnering Miami-Dade County provider sites. Supervisors must arrange their employees’ clearance visits. If you are a Jackson North or South leader and would like to review the return-to-work process for your staff, click here.
Employee Assistance Program
24-Hour Careline: 1-877-240-6863
Reliance Standard Life
Matrix Absence Management, Inc.
24/7 for Telephonic Claims Filing or file online at matrixabsence.com
PO Box 13498
Philadelphia, PA 19101
Housestaff Disability Insurance Provider
The Hartford/The Lawrence D. Share Company, Inc.
1200 S. Pine Island Rd, #400
Plantation FL 33324
Group Voluntary Hospital Indemnity Insurance Provider
Mon – Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET
Allstate Benefits is the marketing name for American Life Insurance Company, Jacksonville, FL, a subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation.
PO Box 997330
Sacramento, CA 95899-7330
PPO Group Number – 19083
DHMO Group Number – 78933
Vision Care Processing Unit
PO Box 1525
Latham, NY 12110
Member Service: 877-393-7363
PayFlex Systems USA, Inc.
10802 Farnam Drive, Suite 100
Omaha, NE 68154
Mon – Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET
Saturday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. ET
Toll-Free Claims Fax
General Account Info – Voice Response
24 hours a day
Life Insurance Providers
Mon – Fri, 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. CST
Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company
ReliaStar Life Insurance Company
A Member of the Voya® Family of Companies Customer Service
PO Box 122
Minneapolis, MN 55440-0122
Transamerica Life Insurance Company
Unum Life Insurance Company of America
Unum Whole Life Insurance with Long-Term Care
Mon – Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET
Tax Shelter Annuity Providers
Miami District Office:
701 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1950
Miami, FL 33131
Office Phone: 305-817-2250
Office Fax: 786-777-7626
VALIC Client Care Center: